Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Whales are Calling....

 Can you hear them?  The whales, seals and walrus are calling to us.  We are super lucky to have a couple of parents who work in the bio science field.  They were able to share with us some marine mammal sounds of the arctic.  I took the sounds and put them on an ipod and set up a listening centre.

I also, found pictures using google images and did some write ups for the teachers on the back of each photo for reference and should the children have questions about the marine mammals.

Wow, they love it and really I'm not surprised.  So much fun to see and listen and imagine what it is like under the water.


The mammals in our book and on our ipod are:
Walrus
Ribbon Seal
Breaded Seal
Beluga Whale
Gray Whale
Bowhead Whale
Humpback whale
Killer Wale

I had my handy husband, load the same picture onto the ipod so the children could easily find the right picture to correspond with the book I made.

As an extension today, we will be doing yoga and being these marine mammals using these very sounds.  Thank you Nina and Julien, this is such a great gift!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My God! super cool!, My little one was very excited today telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete