Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Addition to our Menu

I am very excited to announce that as of today, Getaway Farm will be the new supplier of all our meat.  During my time off over the holidays I was able to arrange our monthly meat order with Chris at Getaway Farm and the best part is, he or someone from the shop will deliver it to us!!  So happy about this as it is super challenging to eat local and have it available when we need it.  I have been finding it hard to shop for both my family and all my extended family at Maple Tree on Saturday mornings at the Seaport Market.
 We will be getting ground beef, ground pork and pork roasts.  We decided to try a new pulled pork sandwich with the children later this month and Chris has hooked me up with a great shoulder roast for this!  Anyway, I've been trying their meat out at home and it is very tasty and the quality is excellent.  The customer service is fantastic and super friendly.  They have suggested that we may want to visit the farm with the children or have them come in to talk about farming and where our food comes from.  Here is a link about who they are http://farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/The-Story-of-Getaway-Farm1.pdf

and here is their website: Get Away Farm  Go and check them out and feel good knowing that the children are eating very well.  I don't mind saying.....2012 is off to a great start!

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful - I'm so glad that you're getting your meat ethically sourced. We have a meat CSA with Wild Mountain Farm and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A farm visit sounds like a lot of fun, can I come too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news - we appreciate the healthy food served every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Tyler will love this -- he is a butcher at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post, and the effort you put into feeding the kids good food This post was very timely! We are going to make an effort to get most of our meat from them now, too.

    ReplyDelete