Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Arctic Adventures

 We are looking at the Arctic this month.  We have lots of fun things planned all around this.  I can't think of a better time to do this since it is sooooo cold outside right now!  We made this iceberg or ice cap if you will and we just keep refilling the container and freezing it again.  The quiet in our classroom right now is incredible.  Everyone is busy exploring, playing and learning right now.  I love how children come and go at this piece of work all morning long and how at the end of the morning it is small and there is water everywhere.  Global warming hmmmmmmm.

 I really like the Eyewitness Books.  I think for our age group they are a great factual book for reference.
 A few parents have commented on the nature table.  One of my Moms from the last few years made this for us.  I wanted to put it out last year but we never got to it.  It seemed perfect this year and I was able to add to it with a Toob about Arctic life I found at Michaels craft store.
 I have a soft spot for the penguins and the polar bear.  I am missing my crafty mom this year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot about those little wooden guys. So glad to hear they are being enjoyed by the little ones.

    The crafty mom is missing you too!!! We need to catch up soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the table yesterday. It is super cool! I can't wait to hear my little one tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete