Monday, January 9, 2012

Time for Travel

 For a while now I've been working on this project and it is finally finished!!  I've been home for the last few days sick and shack happy and so needing a project.  Last night I went into the school and brought home my paper cutter.

Today I finished making our passports for the map cabinet.  They actually went together fairly quickly once I got my system in place.  I also had to go out and buy a really long industrial stapler.  this was a great purchase as it will allow us to make many more things and do lots of book binding.
 Wendy and I found some lovely wrapping paper at the art shop and I cut and laminated the book covers.  I really wanted them to be strong and hold up well.  I had planned to just have blank paper in the books but I happened upon a great website, Art Projects for kids.  Kathy Barbro has some amazing stuff on her website and we have used a few of her ideas and I have bought a few of her files.  This is where I purchased my file for the Canadian passports to make our books.  You just have to search it out in the search box on her site.

As you can see they turned out great and it is exactly what I was looking for!  I also have a stamp for the visa section so when the children work with a particular map or travel to a certain continent we will be able to document it.  It is a nice way for us to keep track of who is ready for more. These are going to be so much fun and will really compliment our continent boxes that I am just finishing up!  Yay, A Trip!  Don't you just love taking trips?





4 comments:

  1. They were fun to make and I can hardly wait to put them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice, I bet my little one had lots of things to say about travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see them up close. This looks super fun.

    ReplyDelete