Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mmmmmm Pulled Pork on a Bun

Yesterday, we made pulled pork on a bun for lunch and it was such a big hit!  We went through two large pork shoulder roasts from Getaway Farm.  I made well over 90 buns with pork for lunch and all of it went.  That is 30 times three!  Yes some children had three or four for lunch.  To be fair they were tiny picnic buns because children eat smaller portions and have smaller mouths and hands.  I knew if we were to be successful with this new addition it would have to be well put together and not sloppy.  I do not really have a recipe for this.  All I did was sear the roast with olive oil and garlic and salt and pepper on all sides.  Next I placed them in my crock pot at about 10:00 P.M. on the lowest setting and added some Maple bbq sauce and Maple Syrup.  I didn't add anything more.  Children are funny and when the flavours are to complex the children won't eat it.  The meat was so tender and so good.  Probably best lunch ever at Maple Tree!  I think we will try a roast of beef this way next.

2 comments: