Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seed Day


This is a short post this evening. My other half is ill with the stomach flu and there is the dog and children in our house to be sorted out for the evening. Did I mention that I am currently living in drywall dust with a small spattering of fresh paint! Yikes!

Anyway, today we started our seed tray and we will do more tomorrow and next week another one.

This year I am wanting to make a Sunflower house in our garden and plant lots of vegetables. I am so looking forward to taking the children out to check on things and pick and eat from that space.

The choice for planting today was sunflowers, squash or a pumpkin. Except for my girl, who insisted on planting a small pot of mint! What are you going to do but go with it.

The children were especially fascinated with how some seeds were very tiny and hard to see and some were large, which meant maybe it would grow a very big plant. So funny how they have different ideas in their head about how things should be and how it will all turn out. I am afraid there will have to be a lot of seeds planted as I am wanting a big success rate on this project. I also think we may have to hide the watering can.

So there will be lots and lots of garden talk over the next few weeks and I have the best new selection of books. One in particular about how fruit is merely a suitcase for the seeds. I will try to post some titles in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, oh.....weren't we just talking the LACK of stomach flu in your house yesterday? Hope he's doing better and that you don't all get it.

    Mr. M was very excited about planting a sunflower seed and pulled all the gardening books from the shelf for bedtime last night.

    ReplyDelete