Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Making of Pink Readers


I am so glad to be back in my grove at the school. I was happy for the break and rest but I am now just as eager to get back to my material-making and my little readers at the school.

Today, I spent time checking for readiness with some of my children who have sound books. The next step after this was to head into pink reading boxes. I was in awe as I watched many pick up magical reading sticks and proceed with sounding out the three letter words on the pink cards before them. When we were done, I was asked, "can I do another one?"

So it begins, this amazing journey into the wonderful world of books. It wasn't enough to read cards and match with objects I realized, so I suggested that we make our own readers. Once I offered this up, I had - all of a sudden - not one but four children upon me, wanting to make a reader they could take home to practice with!

These photos chronicle this process that the two little girls I worked with went through today. I know they will be reading these books tonight at bedtime with their parents and...so it begins. Bring it on!


1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I loved your blog about the pink readers. It seems they have embarked on an exciting new journey. Thank you for taking the time to write about it and share it with us.

    tammy

    ReplyDelete