Friday, April 20, 2012

Subway, Market or Train... You be the judge


Today I noticed a group of boys surrounding someones work on the carpet.   My first reaction was to walk over and ask them to find their work but then I stopped my self.  They were all sitting by the mat having a conversation about the structure one of the boys made.   I was wishing I had my camera but then remember I now own an iPhone! I used to be against these phones,  but now I can see the wonderful advantages.   As I took pictures, the boys were discussing about where the train would go.
"This is Subway," one boy said while pointing to a part on the structure.
"This is the market," another boy pointed out.
"The train is going to Toys 'R' Us," another boy said while moving the small red rod.
It was nice to see seven boys interacting with each other and hearing their perspectives on train station. One boy even said "This looks like my mom's train that she works on." We have seen this type of structure being built for the past couple weeks by different boys each time. It seems like they have mastered the design!        ~Ms. Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to see children turn something so ordinary into something extraordinary and to watch them create a special place together.

    ReplyDelete