Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bird Song


 We are enjoying he most beautiful bird songs in our classroom right now.  If you come into our classroom you will find them nesting under the branches we are forcing.  I love how natural and beautiful our space is feeling these days and how excited the children get each time they squeeze a bird to hear their song.

I have been collecting the birds for a few years now and we have almost a complete set.  I am not sure I need anymore.  I feel like we have a lovely complete set.  Des Serres art shop carries the birds in the children's section and by now it will be fairly picked over.  I was in a few weeks ago and happened upon them and the selection was very small.  Just keep checking because you just never know when you will  hit the jackpot!  I bought the rest of our collect last fall when I was in to replenish our art supplies.


The backyard birdsong book was a gift from one of our families at the end of the school year.  You can go to any page in the book and find a bird and the song the bird sings.  It has been very popular with the children and well loved.  The book can be purchased online with Amazon or in person locally at Plovers.


3 comments:

  1. The birds and their songs are such a lovely introduction to spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my daughter came home this week and was talking about the birds in the classroom. I asked if they were real birds to which I received a reply "well, no, but they sing". I was so confused! After seeing the classroom yesterday, I finally understood! Another fabulous idea, MTM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boy showed me, with a big smile, all the birdies the other day. He must be enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete