Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everybody has a story to tell.....

 What does a shark do when the Superstore and Sobey's are closed?  According to my friend “L”, He eats minnows and takes a nap.   “L” spent about an hour on Friday morning  drawing pictures and telling me stories to transcribe.  He would then trace the story I printed.  It is amazing when a child realizes that he is an author.

Encouraging literacy in the early years is really important.  The children in our classroom spend a great deal of time engaged in activities that promote literacy.  Often a child can be seen learning sounds with the Sandpaper Letters and Sound baskets, building words with the Moveable Alphabet, printing words or looking at one of our many books.  ~Ms. Melanie





1 comment:

  1. Thats sweet
    I can't wait to hear the stories my little beans will tell

    ReplyDelete