Monday, March 26, 2012

Travel to Australia

 I have to say goodbye to one of my little friends this week.  He is getting ready to take a very big trip to see his grandparents.  They haven't seen him since he was a baby and I know he really doesn't have memories of that time.  He will have a lot to tell them though for he knows a lot about where he is going!  My friend has been studying and learning about New Zealand and Australia.
 When we learned he would be leaving us and going away we knew we needed to take him there first and so we pulled out the Puzzle Map of Australia followed by the continent box.

The last few years, I have been working on making these continent boxes to compliment our collection of maps.  I've been very lucky as we have been given many tiny, lovely small things that tell their own story and live in the boxes.  My Asia box is incredible and we were super lucky to have a fantastic set of grandparents traveling and thinking of us.

Montessori or not, anyone can make continent boxes and take their students away.  Bon Voyage!!


1 comment:

  1. The kids just love it, at least my little one talks a lot about the maps, almost every day he tells me something about north america!

    ReplyDelete