Monday, March 12, 2012

Resting?

 So, this is my week off.  We are into March Break and the school is closed this week.  My family was to be in Nfld skiing but we had to cancel that trip this year because of other commitments.  I am hoping to share some news about that on Friday so check back!  I was, at first a bit bummed out not taking our annual trip but I have found my happy place in my garden and kitchen this week.  Sometimes, it is really nice to tackle some things around the house and do day trips.  This morning with my double long espresso I tested out a new pancake recipe for mt.  Orange Yogurt pancakes.  Simply Divine!  I will share that recipe soon with you.
 While I was off at the movies this afternoon with my girl, my handy husband built the cutest workbench for mt.  We have had these plans in the works for some time and finding the time to implement it was challenging.  Wow, it is just so freaking fantastic.  Can you hardly wait 'til it is in the classroom and there are building projects taking place?!  I am telling said handy husband he may want to market this workbench and start taking orders!!
 The idea for this work bench came from the book,"Children Can Build" it was purchased through Montessori Services a long time ago.  We are working on assembling the many small projects in the book so it is ready to go after March Break.
 I've also taken the time to build a poly tunnel in my back yard.  I am so sick of root veggies.  I am looking forward to the spinach and lettuces we will be harvesting very soon.  Right now, it just has compost - as we are warming up the soil to take seeds.  So exciting.  I was very inspired by Niki Jabbour's  book, "The Year-round Vegetable Gardener".  So look out because I can smell cold frames and more poly tunnels.  I am so committed to having our children know about the food we eat and why we need to grow it.

We also took some time to make some markers.  Halifax Seed is loving me and my wallet this week!  How is your March Break shaping up?  Do you have some great plans and ideas you want to share?


1 comment:

  1. oops! It is almost over this March Break, but we had lots of fun, going with friend to different places. That work bench looks awesome, hopefully the kids will have time to enjoy it!
    See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete