Thursday, April 14, 2011

This Week....

This has been a busy week for me and I started my week at home with a sick girl. I took the opportunity while things were quiet to prep some new materials in our practical life area of the classroom. I also got a ton of laminating done that was long over due. It is true that you get more done when the house is quiet.

This week we read the Carrot Seed and we planted our own carrots at the art table! I just love the art project Ms. Melanie put together and I love how very different each and every one is. Planting is so much fun!








Among my latest bits of new work is this basket with paint chips in it. I have laminated the paint chip cards so they will hold up better and then I cut each colour out and glued it on to a clothes pin. The idea is that you can match the colours by attaching the clothes pin to the control paint card.

Stamping your own letters and then printing them with a pencil. Who doesn't love stamping. This was a particularly popular piece of work this week.


Visually this tray is just so bright and beautiful and screams Spring! The larger wooden bowl in the middle holds colourful flower buttons for sorting into the correct coloured wooden bowl. The tiny wooden bowls came from Esty. I will try and find the link to add to this post. I could not resist buying them when I saw them.







Cleaning finger nails! Enough said on this one I think. Again very popular. Anything with water and pouring and bubbles is just way to much fun.








1 comment: