Saturday, October 2, 2010

Soups On


So this week I made a pot of soup that we ran out of at lunch! I had so many children saying how good it was and then I had parents asking me for the recipe. So here it is and yes it is green!

Zucchini Vichyssoise

A good splash of Olive oil in your stock pot
1 or 2 cooking onions chopped
A bunch of leeks trimmed (white and pale green parts only)and washed
6 potatoes peeled and chopped
5 or 6 zucchinis washed and chopped (leave the peel on)
Lots of chicken or vegetable stock (I never measure fill 3/4 of pot)
salt and pepper

Saute onions and leeks,until soft and starting to brown and salt and pepper.
Add zucchini and potatoes, stir to coat the vegetables.
Add stock and simmer until vegetables are soft.
Use your hand blender to process soup. It will never taste like mine because I am always adding things like this week I used some Kale and fresh green onions. It really depends on what needs to be used up in the fridge. I hate to waste anything.

Happy Cooking, m


No comments:

Post a Comment