Thursday, October 7, 2010

How does an Apple Grow?

This week has just been off the rails busy! Maybe I am trying to get too much done with the children, I'm not sure. I wanted to post this much earlier but I haven't found any time at my computer this week. For the last two weeks we have been talking about everything apple related. We've been cooking with our student teacher Miss "J". We made apple Crisp for snack one afternoon last week and there has been an endless amount of talk about picking apples and spending time with our families.

I took this opportunity to make up some new work for the older children on the life cycle of an apple. Many children were encouraged to make an apple book of their own and take it home to read to their parents or siblings. What was lovely about this work is that it brought out great conversations about family time and life itself and how things grow. I really enjoyed my time at this table with your children. hmmmm....maybe I will have to set up something pumpkin related next!

No comments:

Post a Comment