Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankfulness Tree

Ok so How I wish I could say this was my idea but it wasn't. I happened upon it in my search for some fall art activities. But I really love the idea and I knew we could use it as another teaching moment in the classroom. What does it mean to be Thankful? Have you ever asked your child what they are thankful or grateful for? We have talked a lot about it this past week as we approach Thanksgiving. Ms. W and I thought it would be a great idea to have our own Thankfulness Tree. The idea being we would sit with each child and talk about what it means to be thankful and and encourage them to write that down on a leaf and share it. The older children were encouraged to cut out their own leaf and do their own writing and we did the writing for the younger children. We will send the leaves home in the art files next week after Thanksgiving. If you have a moment at drop off or pick up please check out some of the responses they are so sweet and delightful. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! m

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. It's even something families could try at home...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea! I had tears in my eyes when I read some of them. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete