Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mother Earth is Calling

 On Monday I spent my morning at Cork Street with the children cleaning up our front Garden.  I can't think of a better way to spend my time on Earth Day.

We raked and bagged old leaves and then the push brooms came out and mulch.  I can't remember where I got these brooms.  I want to say Montessori Services but it may have very well been Kent.  We would have cut down the handles to make them child size.  Such great work and these boys swept with such purpose!  I told them they could go out and sweep the sidewalk when ever they felt it needed sweeping as long as a teacher was present.

 Mittens came off for mulching and there was a general excitement in the air to be working out side in the sunshine.
We will be adding some vegetable plants to this garden space and sunflowers.  it will no longer be a space for strollers and little bicycles to be parked.  You children will be reminding you of that when you bike to school.



Maple Tree Garden at Cork Street





Our Earth Day Sun Catcher Project at the Art Table



No comments:

Post a Comment