Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sharing the gifts


I often say this is the best time of the year. It is the time when the children starting connecting everything and putting it all together. I am starting to write in the project books that some of our second year children keep. It is a personal note from me to them and it is a bit of a refection of our time together.

Last night I brought the project books home with me to write the notes. I was astounded by all the work, words and colour on the pages. To me this is like Christmas. It is when the gifts start coming in our classroom.

Among the many things our children are doing at present, they have completed their map projects (17 in total--thank you Ms. Stephanie it was a huge amount of time on your part). The children are freely writing and illustrating their own stories. We are making jam. We are starting our time line work and looking at dinosaurs.

We are also getting ready to say goodbye.

Please enjoy these stories and savour them. They are a most beautiful gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment