Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Take on Maude Lewis

Today we started painting our door.  I picked this door up from someone's curb side on Saturday on my way home from the farmers market.  What a fantastic find .  We started painting it with acrylics today.  So far, a tree, vine, bird, butterflies and lots of grass.  I am planning to make this a permanent piece in our class room this fall.  The inspiration came from our morning at the Art Gallery  of Nova Scotia.  More specifically the Maude Lewis exhibit.  It is my hope to frame the door in some way and use it as a wall in the cosy corner space of our classroom.  When I have it all done I will be sure to post about it.  As a final touch I will spray the entire door with water based varathan to protect it.  We sill need to do the other side and it is a wet, wet week!  I would have started this project sooner but I didn't know I wanted to do it until I saw the door.  It was one of those aha moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment