Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Reno Begins!


Your probably thinking that I am crazy and his won't be done in time and I won't be ready for orientation. Your in for a big surprise because to know me is to know I've been under bigger and tighter deadlines than this!

We just got our building permit (you can't get anything fast when you are dealing with the city) and when all this is finished, we must have it inspected in order to get my rezoning approved. All this for six more spaces! Is it worth it? You bet because I've hired another amazing teacher and the addition of more spaces is to give her a salary. This brings the total of teachers at Maple Tree to six plus our lovely music teacher. I am all about the quality and am not willing to compromise anything on our classroom space. So it will be stunning.

The first picture is of our new doors and side lights. The doors will open out and be in the middle of our new wall. The addition of the side lights is so that we can have more natural light in the new classroom. I would have added a window but I am trying to sound proof this room so that our music teacher will have her very own space to do a smaller music circle. Also, the mail slot is just an added bonus as far as I am concerned. We will be having our carpenter (enter husband Shawn) build us a collection box on the other side so that the children can mail letters to their friends. I am super excited about this! The colour of the doors and sidelights will be benjamin moore ancient ivory. The walls will be touched up with our current colour which is waters edge. I
love how soft the blue is on our walls and I think it makes for a much calmer learning environment.
You can see how we have carefully mapped out the plan with tape. that took us forever as there was so much storage to consider carefully. I had no idea just how much "stuff" we actually had until I had to move it all!
It is probably not a bad idea to purge some of it.


So guess what we are doing on this long weekend? I will post the progress as it is unfolding. I am in for a crazy busy couple of weeks but I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE DOOR!!! It all looks so great! And I have no doubt you guys will have this ready. You always pull things off!!!

    Have fun this weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we have had 4 children with you in 7 years. there must be a prize for that. we look forward to our youngest discovering this new space.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete