Thursday, September 23, 2010

Should You or Shouldn't You


Ok, so I often get this question from my parents, "My child is always wearing their shoes on the wrong feet. What should I do about this? Should I correct them?" The answer is NO (unless you are walking a long distance some where or they are planning to do some climbing in the playground or your backyard leave it alone. I know this is hard to do as a parent believe me when I say I know this is hard. I remember having to cancel school once because we were at Emergency all night with out then three year old son who had a concussion (bad luck climbing the stairs). Look at it this way, we see children when they first start at mt really struggle with putting their own shoes on and then one glorious day they "get it". I can't tell you how we feel when we see that look on their face. That sense of accomplishment and pride in knowing they just did something so hard. So please fight the temptation and let it be. You should ask if their feet feel ok in their shoes and if they say yes then leave it be. If they so no then gently offer some guidance. Oh, and we really HATE CROCS for playground!! Don't you just love my picture?

m

No comments:

Post a Comment