Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Dog Days and Searches

Ms. Madeleine's dog Oliver in his Happy Place

This break has given many of us extra time to spend with our families. I am grateful for having more time to spend with my 5 year old dog, Oliver. Now that it is has started to get a bit warmer, he has been resuming his duties as "paw patrol". We decided to move around some furniture so that he can look out the window to supervise. He also likes to go around the house finding things, usually a treat or a toy. It reminds me of our friends at school. If something is missing in the classroom, it's quick to find helpers since everyone is eager to help! I came across a "Cherche et Trouve"" (Search and Find in English) that reminded me of all our treasure hunters. The children are always eager to learn something new, especially different languages. We have some families who speak French as well (did you know we have one friend who speaks 3 languages?). 

 
Search and Find Treasure Hunt
I also found this one for all our dinosaur lovers! (I am pretty sure one of the children knows all these dinosaurs by heart!) * You know who you are!!

Here's what to do:

1. Cut out all the dinosaurs
2. Hide the dinosaurs
3. Use the list to check off the ones you've found (this sheet could be put in a page protector if you'd like to reuse it again)
4. If you make two copies of the second page, this could turn into a matching game or it could turn into a memory game for one or two people! (I would recommend gluing it on construction paper so they can't see through)

Let me know what you find on the nature walk or how you found the dinosaur game :)

~ Ms.Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment