Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thinking Outside the Box

Painting on the outside Easel
 We've been changing things up at Quinpool a bit.  We've been doing some extended activities outside in our play space.  I have plans for a large weaving frame.  Maybe we will get to that this weekend.  It's been on my to do list for some time along with a sound wall.  What is life with out plans?  10 more days til I can sleep without a brace.  Oh how I long for that and the freedom to move around without crutches.
“Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."~George Elliot


Collecting rocks 
 Melanie has the children collect up some of the rocks around out boat to build a labyrinth.  I love Labyrinths!  They really are a lot of fun to make and then walk with the children.  A few years ago when I went to a conference in California one of my sessions was on building and walking a labyrinth with the children.  Such a peaceful and reflective time.

Jen's Chocolate Chunk Yummies

This recipe is from one of my former parents and very dear friend.  Oh how we miss her at the school.  Making her dairy free cookies some how keeps her with us still.  As promised here is the recipe for the cookies served at Parent/Teacher last night!  Enjoy!






1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup Earth Balance “butter”
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cup oats
1 cup flour (I did ½ white, ½ whole wheat)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Bake at 375 Celsius for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment