Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Concentric Circles

Group art project at the Round Table

Such Focus!
This is another Kandinsky inspired art project.  If you read my last post, you would know that I was planning to do something more.  I am sooooo not done with this artist yet.

For this Project we used paper plates.  I turn them over so the shiny side was the back of the art.  I have a big plan for these circular paintings.  Wait til Monday!!  I can't say more except it is brilliant and I am super excited to display this latest piece of art by the children.

I have really loved coming into the classroom the last few weeks to do special art projects.  The children are so excited and everyone seems to need the creative outlet, myself included.

One of the things that I loved so much about this project was that the children were able to enjoy a very sensory experience by tapping the paint onto the plate with their finger tips.  Some children got so into it.  We also, did a lesson on separating the colours so as not to make them muddy.  Each child cleaned their fingers in between each different colour application.  I think this is just the bit of colour and cheerfulness we need after such a long winter and bleak spring!  ~m

No comments:

Post a Comment