Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So In-Love with Sewing Right Now


I am really loving the hand sewing that has been happening in the classroom the last few weeks.  It is such a fun and rewarding thing to do not only for me, but the children.  Their finished product is so beautiful and they are so proud of themselves when they are done.

It's no secret that I love to sew but I haven't had any time for that in my personal life for a long time now.  So sitting with my little friends and taking that time is really fill me up and taking care of that need for me right now.

Below you will see a small clip of one of my friends sewing.  What is extraordinary about this clip is that she pulled her wool off the needle by accident but she didn't ask me to fix it for her she did it herself!  I was video taping her so I could show her mom some of her stitching work but then this happened and I got to see it for myself.  Anyway, isn't it great when children know how to sew?  I once had a young boy come to school one morning with a hole in his sock and e told his mom at the door not to worry he could sew it up himself right after he had some refreshment!  ~m



No comments:

Post a Comment