Monday, January 28, 2013

Space, the Final Frontier

 We have been looking at Space this month.  We have talked about the planets, The phases of the moon and constellations.

We have even looked at Commander Chris Hatfield's photos from space.  Wow, what a lucky guy he is.  Such amazing photos.  I can only imagine how this experience is affecting him.  Please take a minute to go and have a look at some of his posts at: https://twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield  .
I actually got a twitter account so I could get updates and see all the beautiful pictures he was posting and share them with our children.  Don't worry if I ever start tweeting...I'll let you know!


 This is moon phase punching work.  Our children really love it.  I looked around on pinterest and at other sites and decided we would make our own master sheet.  I wasn't happy with the choice available to me and really it must be simple.  After all our children doing this work are three to five years old!

Constellation pocket fold out chart from Lee Valley

Who doesn't love Light Bright!  Takes me back to a christmas when I was a kid and my sister got one and we all fought over turns.  I set this up so the children could practice making their own constellations.

Lastly, this is our art table project this week.  I know Cork Street is making the Milky way and we will be next week.  I made this ample last year and forgot we even had it.  You can see the big sun and the planets.  The children are really enjoying making their version of the solar system.

No comments:

Post a Comment