Monday, February 20, 2012

Things have gotten Spacey


 Things have gotten spacey around here for sure and I don't just mean me!  We have shifted away from love and hearts and moved onto Space.  We been planning this for some time and Ms. Melanie and I were at the school very late last night setting things up.  It always feels like Christmas when we watch the children enter the classroom and see a new theme set up.  For us, it's the anticipation and the children never disappoint.  The excitement is contagious and everyone is engrossed and settled into new work again.


 We hung this model of the Solar system above our imaginative play area that has many spaceships, moon rocks and astronauts.  It is a very fun and starry place to stop and play for a few minutes during the day.
 I ordered this book a while ago and we presented it to the children today. It has sounds and beautiful pop up pictures.  I said it is a book to look at with a teacher and that it is very fragile (it already has a few rips).   It was ordered at Chapters.

Of course we couldn't help ourselves, and we continued the theme at the art table.  So much color and so much fun.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to my daughter exploring space, I'm sure she is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! Remember those fun planets Jesse and I made with plasticine and styrofoam balls? Those would be fun too!

    xo
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they would be fun. Hmmm 47 times 9 that is a lot of styrofoam balls!!

    ReplyDelete