Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rocket and Roll

 Ms. Stephanie came up with this fantastic game that we  have on the shelf right now.  The children roll the die and match the felt shape to the correct spot on the rocket.  We have noticed that this game gets played alot and and it is a great first introduction into game playing.   In my house, we've started to make an effort to play board games with our youngest and we played a lot during the Christmas holidays.  I must say it brings out the best, worst and the crazies in all of us.  I can't remember a time when I laughed more.  There are great lessons to learn in turn taking, patience and consideration.  Take some time to get into a board game with your child.  It is a great way to connect and laugh ALOT!!


4 comments:

  1. Where did you ever find the GIANT dice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Ms. Melanie find. I will have to ask. Check back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am told the Dollar Store! There are really great finds sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little one is been talking all week about rocket ships.

    ReplyDelete