Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Two little apples, hanging in a tree


At the beginning of the year we do lots of music centred around getting to know our new friends and reconnecting with our old friends.  I have enjoyed meeting new little ones and welcoming back enthusiastic returning students.  With Thanksgiving in mind, this year I have added songs about families and loved ones.
We have also been singing songs with fall themes about acorns, apples and other plants.  This week I will be bringing in some dry seed pods that we can use as shakers to sing along with.
Here are the words to a chant you may have been hearing during apple-picking season:

Two little apples, hanging in a tree.
Two little apples, smiling at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples!
Mmm - they were good!



~Ms. Susanne

2 comments:

  1. Seems easy enough to remember. On our drive home we usually try and sing some songs to get us through the traffic. Our favourite is Twinkle Twinkle Litte Star and Row Row Row Your Boat. I think this new song will become the new chart topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love learning the songs they are learning at school - it provides such a nice bridge.

    ReplyDelete