Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Light and Action

It is amazing to me what Ms. Melanie comes into work with!  Sunday evening while I was prepping sunflower seed heads she was putting a basket of tiny coloured shot glasses together.  I thought at first we might be mixing some drinks, but than I realized it was for the light table (kidding about the drinks).  I love how the light reflects through the coloured glasses and so do the children.  There has been much exploration going on at the light table and I am glad for it.  We have this beautiful table and I often seem at a loss for how to use it or what to put on it.  I am open to suggestions for sure.  We do have some cool x-rays that we will be getting out soon but for now it is all about colour and building.      Have any ideas about using the light table?  I would love to hear them!


4 comments:

  1. http://www.montessoricandy.com/2009/04/exploring-with-color-light.html

    This is pretty for fall leaves. You could wax the leaves to make them a bit more durable for the classroom. Hmmm. Will give it more thought!

    Wanting my own light table, but totally can't be justified (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I'll google what to do with a light table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I have some ideas in mind, maybe you already have it; see colors and combine them to create a new color (maybe with tissue paper works); trace a drawing or shape on paper as if you were using tracing paper. I Hope the ideas are useful.

    ReplyDelete