Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Artful Experiences



Today I was cleaning out and sorting through the work in basket and I noticed the beautiful paintings waiting to be wrapped up.  I also noticed how the paintings were a refection of the art table activity this week.  Normally,  we do not see the children painting specific things at the easel until much later in the year.  Mostly,  the children are painting with an idea and blending colors.  It is hard at this age to actually painting an object or paint what is in your mind.  So imagine my surprise when I happened upon these beautiful paintings of rainbows.  I love how very different each of these paintings are and how each child used such care with their brush and painted their version of a rainbow.  Paint is an amazing meduim for which children can be so expressive.  I say, bring on the paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment