Thursday, August 25, 2011

Done for Now

I have been away from this space for too long! Sorry about that but, I have been busy and falling in to bed each nigh exhausted. The reno is finished for now. The last part that we are waiting on are the cabinet doors for the custom cabinetry we had built. We have never had storage in the five years we have been in this space and so it was super challenging to figure out what I was keeping and what I was purging! I have to say a big heartfelt "thank you" to all the staff as they worked hard in helping to pull it all together but especially Ms. Melanie who would come in night after night to help me. The company was most appreciate and the encouragement that we were almost there. There were many nights when it felt over whelming and I questioned whether or not we were getting there. Needless to say, we are there now and I am so grateful for all the hard work by all to make
this a warm and inviting new classroom.

I felt the warmth yesterday as I was quietly working at the new table and children came and went from that space. It really is a lovely space to work in. I especially love that my desk space is right there and no matter what I am working on I am available if someone little needs me.

We have been having circle in that space the last few days as pick up has been a bit noisy and we felt disruptive to that last bit of time we have with the children in the morning. It is going to make for a much nicer music space for Ms. Susanne. I can't wait for her to see it.

I am starting to wind down now for a bit. I am tired and the last few weeks haven't been much fun for my children and so we are gearing up for a trip to the island and some much needed vacation and family time.

I am planning another post for tomorrow to announce something big so be sure to check back. You won't want to miss it for sure!


3 comments:

  1. Your new space is lovely!! Thank you for letting us have a peek in. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much! That table is really a special addition (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It is a labour of love this Montessori classroom of ours!

    ReplyDelete