Monday, January 17, 2011

Thinking of Spring?

Today at the end of playground a child, actually my child came to me with these branches and said, lets have an experiment with them. I said what do you have in mind?
My girl suggested that we take them back to the school and put them in water and see what happens.
I thought this was a wonderful way to leave the playground especially since it was so hard getting to the playground with my girl today! Perhaps I am having mama guilt today and I needed to see, feel and embrace the beauty in this moment. It is not easy having your daughter in your preschool and being her teacher is even more challenging. So even with our push/pull struggles, when she came to me with these branches it warmed me on this very cold day in a way I cannot put into words.

So now I am thinking of Spring and the possibilities of our garden and how I will connect not only with my daughter but all the children. Hope you were able to enjoy the day today!



No comments:

Post a Comment