Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sink or Float


Sorry I feel like we only just got back into our groove at the school and yet I feel like it has been way too long since I last posted some work.

Ms. Wendy is a great source of advice and ideas and she came to school one morning with this work ready to go. The work consists of a tray with a large clear bowl of water and a small bowl of objects. The child is encouraged to see what sinks to the bottom and what floats on top. We have watched many children come to this work over and over again. I am convinced that any water related work is way more fun than anything else we have. You can see that this little girl is carefully testing out her theories on sinking and floating.

We have some more fantastic stuff coming. I've been working over time putting new stuff and projects together as we head into our winter studies. Stay tuned!

m

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to see all the new great stuff coming up soon (: Thanks for the sneak peak the other day

    ReplyDelete