Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Tree to Trim





Ok this is an idea I found online and I loved it so much that I went right out and got one for our classroom. I so love how gentle the children are placing the ornaments on this wire tree. It is a new piece of work that requires time and patience. You can't rush with this or you will get tangled up. I watched today as many children gathered around this table and watched and waited for a turn. It is very exciting both for me and the children when new work goes out.

Today was one of those days where I just put out tons of new work. Mostly art based as we are winding down for our Christmas break and the children are sensing the excitement in the air. All these extra activities have been making for some very quiet and absorb working time. From spooning jingle bells to threading wool to make wreaths to making more snowflakes there is a lot of merriment going on.

2 comments:

  1. This is really really sweet! Where did you get the wire tree? I haven't seen them around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pier 1 Imports. It was so much fun to put it together and set it out. It will feel sad to put it away.

    ReplyDelete