Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's Raining...

Addition with the Number Rods
 It's is a wet, windy and wild fall day. Outside my window right now the wind is blowing the leaves off the trees and I am thinking about how I won't get to the massive pile of raking here at Quinpool until the end of November.  I really hope old man winter doesn't show up until mid to late December this year.  Last year I think we raked 45 bags and there was still a big spring clean up that needed to happen even after all that fall raking!  I truly love this time of year and I am struggling with not being able to get out and clean up and put the garden to bed.  There always seems to be more to do than there is ever time for and I am learning to make my peace with that.  So, while it is not the best day today outside it is certainly cosy and fun inside! 

I get a lot of questions about Maple Tree.  Lots of them being how to manage to get so much done?  We work really hard to balance out our Montessori materials and working environment with other early learning materials that we set up to be Montessori inspired.  For instance, because we are heading into Halloween this weekend we like to  add things like sorting spiders and transfering eyeballs to our practical life work shelves.  We think it is important to change things up a bit while still making it Montessori.  The children really love these kind of surprises on the shelf.  Don't get me wrong, there is still the traditional work materials out that are well loved and so very important but adding a little seasonal fun it a good thing. 
Sewing Pumpkins

Burlap Sewing

Red Lentils and Rice in the Sensory Table.  I wonder what kinds of surprises are being uncovered?

Even the light table seems a bit spooky!
Our Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman Dealing with Some Spiders!

Eyeball Transfer Work



Making a Pink Reader to take home

Hard at work on a metal Inset.

Reading list with letter search and find.

No comments:

Post a Comment