Monday, August 4, 2014

Crafty Moment


I had one of those aha moments today when I was working on the Quinpool classroom.  I have had the map of the world in cork for about a year or so.  Thinking it would be cool in my office.  I never got around to putting it up and I wasn't sure where I wanted it to go.  Today, as I moved the box around and then my very ordinary classroom bulletin board around trying to decide where it should hang the idea clicked.  
I grabbed my blue acrylic paint and watered it down and then brushed it on my plain cork board.  After it dried I stuck down the continents!  It's lovely and now I have a very cool cork board suitable for flag pinning and pinning exciting places that our children travel to.  The blue paint was brilliant and really looks like water.  I am sure I bought the cork board map at deserres.  The other cork board is an inexpensive one from walmart I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment