- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until flour mixture is moistened.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 for 19-23 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
These muffins turned out beautifully for today's afternoon snack. I might try and decrease the sugar next time and make them with dairy alternatives like coconut oil and rice milk. There is always a way to modify things. Happy Baking!