Monday, June 7, 2010

The Magic of Language


Today, I was in awe of the children as I sat working with a little girl and one of our lovely sound baskets. The sounds come so easily and the child is always so excited to uncover the treasures that await in the basket.

I am consumed with revamping the language section right now and, in doing so, very excited about all the new possibilities that go along with it. I was thinking that you could have a small basket of objects and paper with printed letters (LOWER CASE PLEASE) so that your child can keep going with it. You can also have them create their own labels and label all the objects around your house. It is OK if it is not spelled correctly. It is amazing how the phonetics really work and how the child starts to unravel all the secrets of reading. The big thing is to make it fun and have fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Thought I would be the first to leave a comment on your blog. It looks great. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it and it will serve as a source of information and inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete