Thursday, November 17, 2011

Snippets from the week


The week has been busy.  We have worked with the addition Strip board and recorded our answers.  I said we were mad about math and we are right now!

Lots of reading work and writing in sound books. One little girl in particular saw a horned owl in her back yard and need to document that in her printing book.

This little boy had the most amazing time planning and constructing with the pink tower and red rods.  Oh, how we loved this work and watching it unfold was very inspiring not only for us but the other children in the class.

How's your week been?

3 comments:

  1. I love all that construction work! It reminds me of a photo you once sent me of Mr. J and his creation (:

    The Xmas crafting has begun around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed that the happenings in the classroom are mirrored at home. I have been hearing a lot about math and addition and what happens when you add 3 to 2 and so on and it's been fun to see his sudden interest in this - and then I read the blog and it explains everything. :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, and those red rods and building materials - I need to find out what those are - I imagine those would be equally put to work at home as they seem to be in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete