Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Maps, Maps, Maps!

These days I am in wind down mode at the school. Yes we still have a month left but there are still so many things to get done and for me to tick off my list.

One of the latest projects is our Map of the World. This is a project I tend to do with all of my children in their last year at the school. I find it to be a lovely way to cap off two years of learning. The map project is challenging and a child is only ready to tackle it when then have mastered many of the other material in the classroom. I love this time of year, working with the big kids. It is not just the working but the lovely and funny conversations we are having while we are working. They are working so hard on these maps and loving every minute of it. These children have watched and waited as others before them have worked on this very project and now it is their turn. In fact it will be turn taking for seventeen children in all if each of them chooses to make their own map! I just bought all the bristol board tonight. See Ms. Wendy, even though you are away, I am all over it!! Stay tuned for the finished project coming your way very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment